Easy Smoked Salmon Pasta with Spinach & Lemon [15 minutes]
This creamy salmon spinach pasta is filled with hot smoked salmon, lemon juice & zest and done in less than 15 minutes. A perfect weeknight dinner or a quick way to impress at your next dinner party or date!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 2.5 dl cream full fat, low fat, half and half or a mix of milk and cream
- 1 dl crème fraîche
- 150 g fresh spinach
- 1 lemon zest of
- 1.5 dl lemon juice fresh squeezed, 1.5 dl/0.6 cups = ~2 lemons
- 0.5 tsp black pepper
- 300 g hot smoked salmon chopped, can be substituted for cold smoked or pan fried salmon
- 250 g fresh tagliatelle cooked 1 minute less than package instruction in heavily salted water
- 1.5 dl pasta water
Heat up the cream and creme fraiche in a pan large enough to hold all the sauce and pasta.
Add the spinach and cook until it has wilted down significantly, stirring often.
Add lemon zest followed half of the lemon juice. Mix, simmer for about 30 seconds and then add the rest of the lemon juice followed by black pepper. Taste test and let simmer for a few minutes.
Add the salmon to the sauce, mix, and let simmer for a minute.
Add the pasta together with the pasta water. Give it all a good mix and let it cook for 2 minutes. Done!
Calorie content assumes you are using half and half for cream and a full fat crème fraîche.
- Cream and crème fraîche can be switched completely or in part for each other.
- And speaking of cream and crème fraîche - you can use full fat, low fat, cooking cream, half and half or any kind you prefer
- Use cold smoked salmon or pan seared salmon (or why not oven baked lemon pepper salmon?) instead of hot smoked salmon for a less smoky but equally delicious taste
- Fresh tagliatelle can be substituted for another type of fresh or dried past
Calories: 483kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 106mg | Sodium: 679mg | Potassium: 685mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3995IU | Vitamin C: 40.2mg | Calcium: 167mg | Iron: 3mg