My name is Emmeline Kemperyd, and I am very happy to welcome you to always use butter, where I share quick, easy, recipes you can make any night of the week.
I love great food - but I'm always in a hurry. This is why, throughout the years, I have become an expert in creating quick and easy recipes! I have been sharing these recipes with my friends for over 20 years, and I started this site in 2018 to share them with you as well.
These days I'm a full-time professional recipe creator, food writer, and food photographer. I publish regularly on MSN and my work has been featured by The Guardian, Well+Good, Vulture, SheKnows, Good Men Project, Daily Kos, The Grio, The Asian Parent, and The Feed Feed, among others.
How it Started
I come from a mixed Swedish and North American family of home chefs and started learning cooking and recipe creation from a young age. As an adult, I've kept learning, and attending cooking classes wherever I can.
I learned how to cook authentic Thai food at Chef Leez cooking school in Bangkok, Thailand, and how to make the best risotto at Cajsa Warg in Stockholm, Sweden. I now have more than 20 years of experience creating, adapting, and simplifying recipes.
Before becoming a food blogger, I had a corporate career that required a lot of travel, which meant I got to try a lot of different cuisines. After living in Norway, Spain, Singapore, and Thailand and traveling extensively through Europe, Asia, and both North and South America - you can say I like to mix it up when it comes to tastes.
So I dish up a mix of North American comfort food, Swedish classics, Thai takeout favorites - and a lot of pasta. And much more! You'll also find a lot of my two other favorite "food" categories: muffins and mocktails.
If you want to read more about how I grew up in Sweden and what we eat here - head on over to The Foreign Fork where you'll find an interview with me about exactly this. Or listen to me talk about it on BFF with the Chef.
What You Can Expect From My Recipes
- You can make them - no matter your skill level. Most of them are really easy, and I will hold your hand through them with detailed instructions, videos & step by step photos.
- Most of them are done in under 30 minutes
- Many are done in as little as 15 minutes
- The rest - they're usually hands-off, so while it might take an hour, that hour is in the oven, and you can spend the time doing something else
- I'll never add a step you don't really need, or where the effort doesn't match the added taste or texture
And while our tastes might differ at times - all recipes have been tested multiple times, and I know they work. Most of them have been tried by multiple people, at many different times. And if the response was anything but amazing - I wouldn't post it.
Recipes to Start With
Not sure where to start? Well, here are 5 of my favorites, that I've been making for many, many, years:
- Creme Fraiche Carbonara with Bacon (15 minutes)
- Smoked Salmon Pasta with Spinach & Lemon (15 minutes)
- Oven-Baked Lemon Pepper Salmon (20 minutes & hands-off)
- Tortellini al Forno with Spinach (25 minutes & hands-off)
- Sweetheart Cabbage Salad with Gyoza Chickpeas & Parmesan (40 minutes & hands-off)
I hope you will enjoy your time here - and if you have any feedback at all please get in touch with me! The easiest way is to leave a comment here on the blog, or send me an e-mail.
To see more of my work as a writer, check out my Muck Rack profile.
Now, it's time for me to get back in the kitchen - will I see you there?
All the good things,