Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
Thai Chicken Noodle Soup is the best comforting combination of a classic chicken noodle soup and delicious thai flavors such as red curry, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves and coconut milk. Quick and easy to make it's sure to become a favorite for curling up with on those cold fall & winter nights!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 2 people
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 2-4 Tbsp red curry paste amount depending on strength
- 400 ml chicken stock
- 200 g chicken cut in bite-size pieces
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 lemongrass cut in half and crushed with the side of the knife
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 75 g broccoli cut in bite-size pieces
- 75 g carrots sliced
- 75 g yellow bell pepper sliced
- 10 g sweet Thai basil
- 2 servings rice noodles cooked according to package instruction
Heat up the coconut milk in a pan over high heat. When it starts to boil, add the red curry paste and cook for 1-2 minutes while stirring.
Add chicken stock and bring to a boil again. Lower heat to medium-high and add in chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes until the chicken turns white, stirring only occasionally.
Add the fish sauce, lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves and stir.
Add broccoli and carrot and cook for 2 minutes, then add the bell pepper and cook for another minute. Stir occasionally. When finished, remove the lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves and stir in the sweet basil.
Place the cooked and drained rice noodles in a bowl, pour over the soup, serve and enjoy!
- Adjust the amount of red curry to match your desired spice level and the red curry paste you are using
Calories: 642kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 1887mg | Potassium: 908mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 9265IU | Vitamin C: 108.4mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 6mg