Potato Halloumi Stir-fry
A quick and easy vegetarian meal, this stir-fry is filled with potato, halloumi, mushrooms, asparagus, spinach and parsley, and seasoned with chili flakes to give it a bit of a bite. Add to that lemon slices & a squeeze of lemon juice for freshness, and you have a dish that's sure to become a weeknight classic!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 2 large portions
- 70 g butter
- 0.5 Tbsp olive oil
- 0.5 red onion finely chopped
- 2 large potatoes cut in small pieces
- 150 g cauliflower chopped
- 3 white button mushrooms sliced
- 4 asparagus chopped
- 100 g halloumi roughly chopped
- 0.5 lemon thinly sliced
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- 10 sprigs of parsley chopped
- 65 g spinach roughly chopped
- 1 tsp chili flakes according to taste
- 0.5 tsp salt according to taste
Place a pan over medium-high heat and add the butter and olive oil. When the butter is melted, add in the onion and fry for a minute. Then add in the potatoes, stir, cover with a lid, lower heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes.
Remove the lid, stir, and add in the cauliflower, white button mushrooms, asparagus, halloumi and lemon slices. Mix well, cover with a lid, and cook for 5 minutes.
Remov the lid, stir, and deglaze the pan by squeezing over some lemon and mixing - making sure to loosen all the bits stuck to the bottom off the pan, then take the pan off the heat.
Add chili flakes and salt according to taste. Then add in the spinach and parsley, mix well, cover and let sit for two minutes. Serve!
- Adjust your spiciness level depending on taste & what chili flakes you use
- Taste test before adding salt - depending on whether or not you use salted butter and how salty your halloumi is you may need to add more or less salt
- Potatoes vary a lot in size, so choose amount accordingly. I use two large ones, or three smaller. Peeling them is optional.
Calories: 623kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 27g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 1520mg | Potassium: 1542mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 4460IU | Vitamin C: 88.4mg | Calcium: 642mg | Iron: 9.3mg