15-minute Tomato Pasta with Spinach and Walnuts
Simple can sometimes be so much more, and that's definitely the case with this one! Quick and easy to make it's delicious as it is, and even better topped with a generous piece of mozzarella or burrata cheese.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 2 people
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 400 g cherry tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 10 g basil (half a pot)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and in one piece, but slightly crushed
- 1/8 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp sugar (can be omitted)
- 50 g spinach (preferably baby leaves)
- 50 g walnuts, chopped
- 2 portions pasta, cooked 1 minute less than instruction on package
- salt an fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 100 g mozzarella or burrata cheese, split in half (can be omitted)
Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the crushed garlic cloves and let them cook until fragrant.
Add in tomatoes, basil and chili flakes and cook for at least 5 minutes until saucy - cook longer if you like, just add some water so the sauce doesn't dry out.
Taste test and add in the sugar if you want it sweeter, and cook for another minute.
Remove the garlic cloves. Mix in the cooked pasta, followed by the spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted and pasta perfectly al dente.
Mix in the chopped walnuts and taste test, adding salt and fresh ground black pepper as desired.
Serve in two bowls and place half a piece of mozzarella or burrata cheese on top of each (can be omitted).
Calories: 625kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 253mg | Potassium: 843mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 5100IU | Vitamin C: 54.5mg | Calcium: 1212mg | Iron: 3.9mg