Cream of Mushroom Soup
Quick & easy to make, this Cream of Mushroom Soup may just be the epithome of fall: warm, cosy and full of mushrooms. Keto friendly, vegetarian, gluten-free and easy to make vegan & lactose-free as well.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 3 people
- 100 g salted butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, in one piece but slightly crushed
- 500 g white button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 dl white wine
- 3 dl mushroom stock
- 1 Tbsp concentrated chanterelle stock, or other concentrated mushroom stock
- 1 dl dried mushrooms, divided (can be omitted)
- 2.5 dl cooking cream
- bread, for serving
Heat the butter over medium heat in a pot large enough to hold all the ingredients.
Add in the garlic cloves and chopped onion. Cook until the onion has softened a bit, 3-5 minutes.
Add in the mushrooms and cook until slightly browned and softened, 3-5 minutes.
Raise the heat slightly, to medium-high, add the white wine and let cook for a minute.
Pour in the mushroom stock and concentrated chanterelle stock and add in half of the dried mushrooms, if using. Cover and let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Take off the heat, remove one of the garlic cloves and mix with an immersion blender to desired consistency.
Put back on the heat and add the cream. Stir until well blended.
Taste test and add salt and pepper according to taste. Serve with crushed dried mushrooms on top and with a slice or two of bread.
- Dried mushrooms add extra depth of flavor and more texture to the finished soup, but if you don't have access to it they can be omitted without problem
- Concentrated chanterelle stock can be substituted for any other concentrated mushrooms stock, or omitted
Calories: 467kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 25g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 716mg | Potassium: 723mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 2000IU | Vitamin C: 7.3mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 1.1mg