This oven-baked lemon pepper salmon is one of my favorite fish recipes of all time. It’s so healthy and easy to make – a perfect dinner for families, keto lovers, paleo foodies, whole 30 followers and dairy & gluten avoiders alike. Baked skin-side down with lemon pepper and lemon juice it’s a perfect meal served with a nice salad, roasted broccoli or my favorite way with just some plain rice.
Why this recipe works
- Lemon juice & lemon pepper add loads of flavor without any bad stuff
- Baking the salmon skin-side down means no risk for burning and no need for oil or butter in the pan – the skin might stick but the fish meat will come out perfect
- The heavy seasoning means you don’t really need a sauce for this one – it’s delicious just on its own. Or maybe with just an extra squeeze of lemon..
What to eat with Lemon Pepper Salmon
While my favorite way to eat this salmon is with some plain rice, a bit of butter and an extra squeeze of lemon – there are so many ways you can serve this.
I love having it instead of the pan-fried lemon pepper salmon in this recipe and having it with garlic roasted broccoli and just maybe some Whipped Feta, serving it with potatoes and a simple summery roe sauce, with asparagus, with quinoa…
Either way – it’s delicious. With or without carbs. With or without sauce. A perfect recipe if the whole family has different eating habits and wishes – just make this lemon pepper salmon for everyone and then let everyone choose their own side.
Expert tips for making Oven-Baked Salmon
- Switch it up by using other seasonings than lemon pepper – maybe garlic pepper, or French herbs?
- Squeeze the lemon over the fish before adding the lemon pepper – or else you risk your lemon pepper just sliding off in that lemon juice water fall.
- If you have salmon filets and not a whole piece – head on over to this pan-fried lemon pepper salmon recipe instead and you’ll have just the same flavor but in a different way.
- If your piece of salmon doesn’t have skin – add some butter or oil underneath so that it doesn’t stick.
- Baking the salmon for 20 minutes usually cooks it all the way through – if you want it a bit pinker inside, take it out after 15 minutes and check. And if you want to make sure it’s fully cooked – do the same after 20 minutes, and place back in the oven if needed.
How to make Oven Baked Lemon Pepper Salmon
Making this oven-baked salmon is so easy, there are just a few simple steps you need to go through and then it’ll bake itself in the oven.
Start by placing your salmon in an oven-safe pan, skin-side down. If your fish doesn’t have skin, add some oil or butter – otherwise there’s no need for any of that.
Then squeeze over the lemon juice.
Then add the lemon pepper evenly on top of the salmon. When it’s covered in lemon pepper, place in the middle of the oven and bake at 200 C/390 F for 20 minutes. Take out, check to see that it’s cooked well enough for you, and serve with your choice of side(s)!
Now wasn’t that easy? What will you eat with this lemon pepper salmon? Let me know in the comments below! And I’d love for you to leave me a rating as well – just add it in while you’re leaving your comment.
Oven-Baked Lemon Pepper SalmonPrint Pin Rate
- 600 g salmon with skin if possible
- 0.5 lemon
- 2 Tbsp lemon pepper
- Set the oven for 200 C/390 F.
- Place the salmon skin-side down in an oven-safe pan. Squeeze over the juice from the lemon and then add the lemon pepper evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until done. Serve immediately with your choice of sides!
- This salmon is delicious to eat cold as leftovers
- 20 minutes usually cooks the salmon all the way through – if you want it pinker, take it out after 15 minutes and check. If you want to make sure it’s cooked all the way through, do the same after 20 minutes and then put it back if necessary.