This healthy breakfast smoothie is super easy to make with raw cacoa, peanut butter, avocado, almond milk, spinach and dates (optional). No banana, dairy or gluten products in this vegan, keto, paleo and whole 30 chocolate peanut butter smoothie that’s so tasty you can even make it for kids!
Served in a glass or bowl. Either way – smoothies are here to stay.
The past few years I’ve now and then taken my love for combining flavors & ingredients and turned it towards the blender (nope not even I am indulging or have time to make a frittata every day…) – and these days I’d consider myself something of a smoothie pro.
Mostly I just grab what I have in the fridge – going for something green, something sweet, something to make it creamy and something to make it go “BAM”. But I do have a few smoothie recipes that have been go-tos for quite a while now, and I think you’ll love them just as much as I do.
So, with that said – this is just the first. I hope you enjoy!
Why this smoothie recipe works
- It’s a filling, healthy, delicious breakfast in a glass – which is exactly what I’m looking for in my smoothies.
- Raw cacao powder gives ample chocolate taste, without the sugar.
- Raw cacao nibs provide texture – and loads of flavor. (This is the BAM!)
- Avocado makes it creamy, without adding as much carbs or sugaras a banana would. (Something creamy!)
- Spinach hides inside, without affecting the taste. You wouldn’t even know it if it wasn’t for the color! (Something green!)
- Dates add sweetness – exclude if you want to keep it keto & extra low carb. (Something sweet!)
- Peanut butter adds well-needed proteins, fat and rounds the whole thing off with a nice roasted touch.
- Use a high-powered blender to crush up those cacao nibs almost entirely.
- You can go for either-or with the cacao powder & nibs – just add a bit more of the one if you’re excluding the other.
- Dates can be excluded without much impact on taste – it just makes it a little less sweet.
- You do you. Like I said – my formula goes “something green, something sweet, something to make it creamy and something to make it go “BAM”“. This means kale works just as well as spinach, banana works just as well as avocado (but maybe exclude the dates then) and regular milk just as well as almond milk.
How to make this healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
Making this smoothie is so easy: just place all the ingredients in a high-powered blender and mix well. I have a smoothie program om my blender, and I usually run through it twice just to make sure.
Then pour in a glass or bowl, and enjoy!
How did you like this healthy smoothie recipe? Please let me know in the comments below, and leave a rating while you’re there! And if it had you craving breakfast time – don’t worry, it’s allowed as an afternoon snack as well…
Chocolate Peanut Butter SmoothiePrint Pin Rate
- 1 handful spinach
- 0.5 avocado
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp raw cacao nibs + extra for decorating, if desired
- 2 dl unsweetened almond milk
- 2 dates can be omitted
- Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender. Blend well and serve in a glass. Top with extra raw cacao nibs if desired.