Get your healthy fill with this simple & delicious salad made with roasted sweet potatoes, loads of arugula salad, crumbled feta cheese
I know I’ve said I’m not a big salad fan – but once in a while I go there anyway. However, it has to be filling and flavor-packed (like this Cashew Caprese with Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette) and, best case, have some kinda warm or warmish or has-been-warm-at-some-point component (like my go-to Pointed Cabbage Salad with Gyoza Chickpeas & Parmesan). Lettuce-tomato-and-cucumber salads need not apply.
For my latest favorite
No matter what temperature you prefer your salad to be – mix the roasted sweet potato with loads of arugula salad. (Rocket? Arugula? You know what I mean!)
After the rocket-arugula comes another very important ingredient of this roasted sweet potato & feta cheese salad. Yes, you guessed it – the feta cheese. Salty, with the perfect texture for salads, feta cheese is probably my favorite ingredient to cook with. Don’t know what I’d do without it! (I definitely would not be eating salads, that’s for sure.) The only thing I don’t like about it is crumbling it, and getting all sticky. But for the deliciousness that is feta cheese – even that’s worth it!
Now that’s really the three big ingredients of this salad. But, we have one super important component left, to make this so much more than just a regular salad.
Yep. It’s all in the name. I’m talking about The Tahini Sauce.
Let me tell you – I remember the very first time I had tahini sauce. It was at my friend’s house, half a lifetime ago, they had just been to Morocco for a holiday and brought back some tahini. Mixed with just water and with white bread to dip in it, it was one of the best things I’d ever had. Ever
The flavor is like none other – earthy and nutty and rich. Kinda like what I imagine dirt would taste like, if dirt tasted good, you know? No? Completely weird? Yeah, probably.
Anyway. Tahini pairs so well with lemon and salt, in my opinion. While the classic, basic tahini-mixed-with-water sauce is amazing – this tahini sauce where the tahini is mixed with lemon juice, salt, olive oil and then some water is out of this world. You think buying a whole can of tahini just for this recipe is nuts? Well, wait until you’ve tried this tahini sauce. You’ll want to use it for everything! And that can of tahini? It’ll be done before you know it.
So if you’re looking for a meal that ticks all the boxes this January (Which boxes? you ask. Well, the boxes
Did you try this recipe? Please leave a comment and/or a rating and let me know what you think! Or
Until next time!
Nothing but love,
Roasted Sweet Potato & Feta Cheese Salad with Tahini SaucePrint Pin Rate
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 800 g sweet potato peeled & cut in 1 cm/half-inch cubes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 150 g arugula
- 150 g feta cheese crumbled
- 4 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon juice of
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp water to desired consistency
- 4 tsp sunflower seeds optional
- 4 tsp pumpkin seeds optional
- Set the oven for 225 C/430 F.
- Place the sweet potato cubes on a large oven tray and mix with the olive oil, salt and black pepper. Place in the middle of the oven and roast for 15 minutes. Take out and set aside to cool for at least 5 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooling, make the tahini sauce by placing all the ingredients in a jar, screwing on a lid tightly and shaking vigorously.
- Mix the arugula salad and roasted sweet potato in a bowl and mix.
- Top with feta cheese.
- Top with sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds as well as tahini sauce just before serving.
Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.