If you're new to the air fryer and wondering where to start, this collection of recipes is for you. Here you will find 50+ easy, delicious recipes that are perfect for beginners. From snacks and appetizers to side dishes, main courses and even breakfast - this collection of easy air fryer recipes for beginners will help you make delicious food in your air fyer, all day long!
- What are the best foods to cook in an air fryer?
- What cannot be cooked in an air fryer?
- What should I make first in my air fryer?
- 9 Air Fryer Snacks and Appetizers for Beginners
- 10 Air Fryer Potato Sides for Beginners
- 9 Vegetable Sides for Beginners
- 19 Air Fryer Main Courses for Beginners
- 4 Air Fryer Breakfasts for Beginners
So you got an air fryer - congratulations! It's a great investment, and you will find a lot of good uses for this new appliance. And this post, full of easy air fryer recipes, is sure to help you on this journey.
If you are completely new to the air fryer, I also recommend you check out my Air Fryer Get Started Guide, and boomark my Air Fryer FAQ and Air Fryer Troubleshooting Guide for when you need them. And if you didn't get your air fryer yet? I have a guide to just which Air fryer is right for you.
What are the best foods to cook in an air fryer?
The air fryer is great for cooking most of the things you would otherwise deep fat fry, pan fry or oven bake. Some of the best foods I've found to cook in an air fryer are:
- Frozen snacks and appetizers. They heat up quicker and more evenly than when baking in the oven, and with much less fat than when deep fat frying
- Steaks and pork chops. They cook perfectly and evenly without any greasy mess
- Potato sides. You can bake potatoes, make potato wedges, French fries and roast potatoes in less time than it takes to bake them, and with much less oil needed.
- Chicken. Either ground chicken patties or full cuts, from fresh or from frozen.
- Veggies. Green beans, broccoli, cauliflower and brussels sprouts are just some of the veggies that cook really well in the air fryer - both from fresh and frozen.
What cannot be cooked in an air fryer?
While an air fryer is great for lots of things, some things are better to avoid:
- Water. You can not use it to boil water.
- Anything with a wet batter. The batter will drip and you will not get the crispy result you're after. Use a deep fat fryer instead!
- Boiled rice, pasta or other grains, You need to boil in water and this is not something you can do with your air fryer *
- Leafy greens like spinach or arugula. Worst case, they can fly around your air fryer * and get stuck in the heating elements, and even if they stay put they will not cook well.
- Cheese without a coating. It will just melt and drip through your basket. Coated cheese like mozzarella sticks is fine though!
What should I make first in my air fryer?
In this post you will find loads of great ideas for what to make first in your air fryer. But if you're looking for a more condensed list of easy air fryer recipes for beginners, these are my top 5:
- French fries. Just skip the oven baking from now on and use the air fryer.
- Bacon. Same as for French fries, just make the air fryer your default method from now on.
- Potato wedges. Crispy on the outside, soft and pillowy on the inside - just the way they should be.
- Rib eye steak. Try it, and you'll see why it's my favorite way of cooking it!
- Frozen salmon. You'll be amazed at how perfectly and evenly it cooks, straight from frozen!
9 Air Fryer Snacks and Appetizers for Beginners
10 Air Fryer Potato Sides for Beginners
9 Vegetable Sides for Beginners
19 Air Fryer Main Courses for Beginners
4 Air Fryer Breakfasts for Beginners
Which recipe are you most excited to try? Let me know in the comments below and share what you're making on Instagram with the tag #alwaysusebutter!